Sunday, February 9, 2014

A wonderful idea from Shakespeare's Peddler!

I just finished reading a post by Shakespeare's Peddler designer, Theresa.  She has developed a place for all our UFO's to find an adopting stitcher to continue working on those pieces that might otherwise sit stuck in a dark closet or drawer for eternity.  I just think this is wonderful - and her rules for the program really have taken everything into consideration that one could think of.  Great going, Theresa!   I hope she won't mind, but I'm going to paste some of the information from her blog here so any interested stitchers can learn how they can join in.

Here is a portion of her original post, but PLEASE  stop by the link to Theresa's blog to read all of THE RULES of the program before you commit.  And maybe drop Theresa a quick comment.  I think she deserves kudos for arranging this Adoption Program for our stitching community.

http://shakespearespeddler.blogspot.com/2014/02/needlework-ufo-adoptions.html

"[Theresa] started a new group on Facebook to help these wayward orphans find homes.  I am including here the same rules I have posted on Facebook.  I may edit these rules as issues pop up.  I do not accept responsibility for any transactions (except my own) on the page, but am the administrator in that I will keep an eye on the goings-on.  I hope that you have fun participating in or just watching the group.  You can visit and join the page by going to this link:  www.facebook.com/needleworkUFOs.  Encourage your friends to like and follow the page.  The more people we have, the more fun it will be." (From Shakespeare's Peddler blog)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up Kevin. I've joined the FB Page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very few UFOs that I don't eventually finish, but this is a good idea. Sounds like a plan. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete